Start the journey to 10,000 hours
Nobody becomes an expert overnight. It has been said that it takes 10,000 hours doing the same thing to become a master of it; that's roughly 5 years day and night.
One project doesn't constitute becoming an expert, but we believe in learning by doing. There are many, many tools in the UX Designers' toolbox and it takes time to learn about them all and use them enough to feel you've mastered them. That's why we like to think of coaching as a partnership with no end date - there's always something new to learn.
How does it work?
We'll take a project and guide you through the double diamond method from discovery through define, design and develop stages where you'll take the ropes learn how to do typical UX Design activities such as:
- Interviews with users and stakeholders
- Running effective, collaborative workshops
- User research & reporting findings
- Story mapping & user journey's
- Information architecture & content strategy
- Low & High fidelity prototyping
- Testing your prototypes in-person & remotely
- Releasing pilots, betas & getting things out fast
A UX Coach can show you how to use these tools of the trade enabling you to be in control of your products and services and empowered to make smart decisions.
What's the alternative?
When you hire a UX Designer you are paying them to do the work for you. Often they'll go away for a few weeks, come back and show you what they've done, rinse and repeat until your project is over. By the end you're still non the wiser as to how they came to these conclusions - and you can't repeat the process without hiring them again.